Tuesday, October 4, 2011

An Unexpected Adventure!

Alright, so I lied.  The following blog post is not from Greek soil.  Due to a strike by Greek workers, all flights to Athens were cancelled.  Rather than see this as a setback, I'm so excited to get to spend the next couple days in Madrid!  Obviously I've never been here, and neither has Yiayia.  Iberia Airlines not only paid for our hotel room for the next few days, they also took care of our transportation, and reunited us with our luggage.  The hotel they set us up in is absolutely beautiful, very sleek and modern looking.  After a delicious dinner at the hotel buffet, we took an impromptu walk around this area of Madrid.

So I'll admit, I was very confused by the presence of two toilets in our bathroom.  And the telephone...but that's neither here nor there.  After a Skype session with ever-so-cultured David, he confirmed that it was not a toilet, but a bidet.  Never seen one of those before.  Anyways, Yiayia sees me standing there looking all the bidet all befuddled and when I reach cautiously for the handle to see how the thing works says, "Come on. You can't hurt anything, can you?" Famous last words before I turn the handle and a stream of water shoots halfway across the bathroom, soaking everything in its path.  Her hysterical laughter makes me wonder if she knew what would happen all along! Why anyone would want to riot hose their unmentionables is beyond me, but that's Europe for you.

Anyways, time for some zZzs.  We are hoping to book some sort of tour around Madrid for tomorrow.  Buenas noches mis amigos!

1 comment:

  1. Roll with the punches, baby! Sounds like you're both having a grand time -- bidet and all (LOL!) Call if you need anything...

    ReplyDelete